How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
Sure, we may be a bit biased. And sure. We may be referencing a rare B-side sonnet that none of you have likely ever heard until now … because maybe we just made it up. But the love is real, you guys.
Why? Because besides freeing up your time to focus on other things, like, say, your business, virtual staffing services – like ours – offer some serious advantages.
We've counted 10 ways you will love third-party staffing, too.
- Quality, quality and more quality. Third-party staffing firms have exceptional recruiting skills when dealing with passive candidates, especially those with three or more years of experience, who seek out the best third-party recruiters to keep them aware of opportunities at different companies. This is a huge advantage over corporate recruiters who only represent one company because even if corporate recruiters have similar abilities, due to their workload, they just don’t have the time to invest in passive candidate recruiting.
Did you know? While Harvard has reached an all-time low acceptance rate of 4.59 percent – the lowest of any Ivy League school this year – BELAY’s contractor acceptance rate is even lower at 3.93 percent!
- Deep Bench. Third-party staffing firms have deep networks of passive candidates, giving them a sourcing and speed advantage in order to find top people – quickly. Again, high-quality candidates look for the top staffing firms to notify them of job openings at various businesses, allowing recruiters to quickly find qualified candidates.
- Time is money. Most corporate recruiters spend the bulk of their time sourcing active candidates but the best third-party recruiters spend upward of 60-70 percent of their time networking and recruiting passive candidates, and possess above-average staffing skills. And while corporate recruiters may possess the same skills, because of the number of assignments they have, they don’t have the luxury of time to put more effort into recruiting the passive candidates.
- Guarantees. Many third-party recruiters offer a six-month to one-year guarantee, giving businesses ample time to ‘try before they buy.’
- Crème De La Crème. Sure, this sounds a lot like ‘quality’ but hear us out. While some corporate recruiters may throw as many candidates as they can into the hopper, hoping one sticks, the best external recruiters work with fewer high-quality candidates – and only need to present three to four candidates to get one hired.
- Vetted. Not only are third-party agency recruiters able to develop relationships with businesses and candidates, they are also often able to provide evaluations that can further the understanding of qualifications for the job. From skills testing, to personality testing, to background and credit checks, to drug screenings, and additional requests for information, this vetting can go a long way to ensure that the candidate is the right fit for the job.
- Lightning-Quick Onboarding. Third-party recruiters comprehend the needs of the one in charge of hiring as well as the positions for which they are being hired. Qualifications, experience, and rate of pay for choosing potential hires are important but can often filter out prospects that have major potential – and are ready to hit the ground running.
- Trust. Third-party recruiters establish trust through years-long professional relationships that is tough to duplicate with a corporate recruiter. And as the adage goes, ‘People buy (or in this case hire) from people they like.’
- Temporary solutions. A third-party recruiter can help with the addition of temporary staff to your workforce, providing a qualified individual who requires very little training to assist you with your needs until you are ready to hire permanently. And as anyone who’s ever hired a temporary employee knows, your temporary employee may be the best long-term – and permanent – solution to meet your needs.
- Flexibility. Businesses often need employees to be flexible in response to constantly changing business needs – and third-party staffing agencies specialize in short- and long-term contract employees. And their aforementioned deep bench results in them having a highly developed network of flexible candidates for times when flexibility and adaptability matter most.
Again, we may be a smidge biased when we say this but a high-quality third-party staffing firm that meets the above criteria should be part of every company’s talent acquisition program. It could quite literally prove to be the cost of your sanity – and what defines your bottom line.
What are you waiting for? Get Started Today and find out for yourself what the BELAY difference is.
Read 9 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach To Staffing if you still aren't sure why virtual is the BEST way to build your team.